Sunday, January 31, 2010

Technology 01.29

As I sit down to actually think about all the technology I have used today, I am shocked. I woke up to the alarm on my phone and went to work. There I rely on registers, monitors, and the computer to get me through my shift. As I work, other managers and crew are texting and calling me for their schedule or for tasks to get done for the day. When I got off work, I came home to sit at my laptop and work on homework. Oddly enough I had to create a Twitter and Wikispace account for my Microcomputers in the Classroom class. Almost all of my homework is technology based. The microcomputer class I'm taking is focused completely around teaching future teachers how to incorporate technology in the classrooom. Even now as I type this, I am also watching TV and texting. It's almost crazy! This reminds me alot of Culture Jam. Lasn talks so much about how technology is taking over us. But do we even realize this? I haven't, until I actually sit back and take a look at it closely.

3 comments:

  1. I completely agree. As i sit here typing this i have music on my computer running, the television going, and like you texting on and off. Most people do notice the fact that technology is playing an increased roll but i believe it is an accepted fact then there are the few people like Lasn whom seem to classify this as a problem. As time increase, technology increases and that has how it has been since the dawn of time. Plants and animals evolve and along with that, technology. Do you believe that if humans become solely reliant of technology that there will ultimately be an unfix able problem?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even sitting in front of my computer I have my tv on something. Doesn't matter what it is it just has to be on. I know I am thankful for all of this technology. So are the majority of college students. I can't forsee a problem if we rely on technology a little, not over reliance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One student in another blog pointed out the supreme irony in the fact that while the reading is focused on questioning and cutting back on our technology use, this course requires that you each use technology...ha. She has a point there. We can't even escape it in our classes these days...

    ReplyDelete