Thursday, February 11, 2010

Dumbest Generation 02.12

I don't think that we are the dumbest generation at all. I think that for someone to call us the dumbest generation is just ridiculous. It kind of makes me wonder who taught Dr. Bauerlein how to use his computer?!? Just like my dad, he is so knowledgable about maintainence stuff and I know nothing about that but I can teach him pretty much anything on the computer. All of these Cad programs that he uses I've taught him how to use. So that makes me dumb? I don't think so. I think if anything we are a technology based generation and just because we don't know everything about everything doesn't makes us dumb. In college we have general education courses that don't go too in depth with the information. If we know that much I think were good. Then you go full force into your major which I think you should know all about.

3 comments:

  1. Each generation will have people that are better in some areas than others. To generalize our generation as "lazy and ignorant" is just ridiculous. The narrow minded professor in that video is what is wrong with this world, trying to pass the blame on to others, while building his career as someone who puts down others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dr. Baulerin in my opinion is just absolutely ridiculous. His claims lack absolutely no scientific evidence. Past and forever expanding present knowledge cannot be compared. They can be related along the same basis as one another as information that is able to be learned but knowledge is ALWAYS growing. People cant always catch up and comprehend all of it. With more and more people in the world every year comes newer and newer material. Its hard to keep up with all of the facts. I mean this is also the first generation to have spent their high school years learning how to take tests instead of how to think. Perhaps college admission should focus more on the content of essays and less on SAT scores. Or at least, put those scores in perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think our whole group is on just about the same page here when it comes to thinking that this professor was full of shat. He's was just about the most ignorant professor that I've ever heard speak. I mean he didn't even give us a chance; just shredded everything that we do in our everyday live. One could almost say that he pretty much believed that society has no chance after his generation is gone. I think that old boy is just a little too smart for his own good, cause after all we're gonna be taking care of his old ass someday in a nursing home run by us. He better just watch himself.

    ReplyDelete