Thursday, March 25, 2010

A Clockwork Orange 03.26

I like the ending of the book and how Alex does better for himself and wants to grow up and start a family but I don't like how they came to the conclusion of doing so. I don't think that Alex should be out of prison. I think that he did all these bad things to people and needs to pay the price for the things that he has done. He needs to be in a cell and think about the things that he did to people. He deserves to think about the effect he had on the people's families and how now they have to live without that person in their life anymore because of the actions he did when he was younger. I don't think that just because he is a minor either that he deserves to be let off easy. I think that he needs to be treated as an adult because he knew exactly what he was doing. He also enjoyed what he was doing at the time he was doing it.

2 comments:

  1. I agree, i think that he should be punished for life! and forget him being a minor, he did what he did! I also thought the ending was nice about the family and stuff, because everyone likes a good ending but I just did not want a good ending for Alex after all of the horrible things he had done. Becoming better after all of those things, i think he doesn't deserve!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't agree. Alex was tortured, yes he signed the papers but he knew nothing about what they were about to do to him. That is a violation of his rights, even if he did commit numerous crimes. Yes, Alex should pay, but I think that he did. And I love how in the ending of the book Alex comes to terms with his old ways and wants to move on with his live. I think that is a very wise and mature decision. I feel everything happens for a reason and Alex was put through all of that to grow and become a better person.

    ReplyDelete