Friday, April 9, 2010

Fahrenheit 451 04.09

So far I have really enjoyed reading this book. I find it very interesting with a very different story line. I think that Montag has a very interesting job. When I think of firefighters, I think of people being heros but when I read this book it isn't the case. Montag's job is to set houses and and the books in them on fire to destroy them. I think that is very weird. I just sometimes wonder what these people think when they hear fire alarms going off. I know I think of a hero when I hear the fire alarms. I also find this book to be very ironic. I find it odd that this book is about book being banned from the public and all the books being burnt. When in real time this book was banned itself when it was first published.

3 comments:

  1. I believe you are right when you contrast the modern day firefighters and these futuristic ones. Its more of a hero vs villein kind of deal. If i were in the book and i had sirens go off i think id be very scared because i know that i would want to read for many reasons. So id be scared out of my mind when it came to the firefighters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also found it very interesting the whole idea of the firemen starting the fires instead of putting them out. I found it very interesting to learn that this book was banned when it was first published.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also found it very interesting with the comparison of todays firefighters and the firefighters in the book. I find it scary to think that when I think about firefighters in today's socitey I too think of heroes, but in the book it makes me rethink what I have been taught. I also found it interesting with how this book was actually banned at one point in time.

    ReplyDelete