Sunday, March 21, 2010

Clockwork Orange 3.19

This book is a little out of my norm in reading choice but it's really opened my eyes to a different lifestyle. I definitely think it's not a good one though. Alex does some very disturbing things in his adventures out with his friends. I don't understand his thoughts or anything. I don't know how at his age thoughts of what he's doing even goes through his head!?!

I really didn't like doing the agree/disagree activity in class because of all of the controversial issues that arise in the novel. For most of the issues I was on the fence for them because I agree to a point and then once you've gone so far it's a different issue. So I think that all of the issues should have had an additional circumstance in them. Plus, once I had picked my personal view on the issue, someone else discusses something different that I agree with as well, so I had a difficult time with this activity.

2 comments:

  1. Yea, Alex is a disturbing kid. Some of the things he says and does i could never imagine being a part of. How someone can do all of that and feel no guilt and shame is beyond me. And i really don't understand how he can get motivated to do evil by classical music. He is just one weird kid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, reading a clockwork orange was disturbing and not something that i would want to do again. The activity i also agree with, they were broad topics that lead to many different opinions and discussions. There were parts of them all that i had agreed wth and parts that i had disagreed with. But maybe this was the point of the activity? To get us thinking and see thigns in a different way.

    ReplyDelete